Guns America Digest released an article this week (click here) about “common-sense gun legislation” for modern sporting rifles (aka AR-15, AR-10, MSR, freedom spitter, 15 frames of fame, or as a liberal with zero gun knowledge would call it, “assault rifle”) introduced by Congressman Chris Jacobs (R-NY). I know that politicians have to introduce legislation from time to time to show that they are trying to work between lavish parties and extended holiday schedules, but this is just stupid.
The meat and potatoes of the bill:
Per the legis need to take a mandatory safety course, pass an FBI background check, submit fingerprints, and provide proof of identity as part of the licensing process.he license would need to be renewed every five years.
Let’s break that down a little.
1. First, I don’t own an assault weapon. All of my weapons identify as defense or sport weapons. (I know that this line is cliché, but it is still funny to throw liberal words back at them and show their hypocrisy. Martha’s Vineyard, anyone? Classic move Gov. DeSantis. I applaud you, sir)
2. Everyone would have to take a mandatory safety course. You know what? I don’t have a problem with this. But why limit it to just MSRs? If you buy a gun, you should know how to use it, how to care for it, and know the specs of function. I mean, do you ever buy a tool and not know how to use it? If a person has not been trained, the selling FFL should be the one that can give instruction and certify someone. (Plus, that is a good source of income for the FFL if he/she is certified to instruct. Capitalism, baby!!!!)
3. Pass an FBI background check. Well, I kinda covered that in another post, but let’s just say that any government agency that would not prosecute Hilary is not really an organization that I would trust to do what is in the best interest of populace at large. If the past few years have shown us anything, we know that the government has been corrupted at every level. To put it bluntly, I don’t trust the FBI, CIA, ATF, IRS, DOD, Congress, POTUS, SCOTUS, VA, or any other alphabet agency.
4. Submit fingerprints and provide proof of identity. If you buy a firearm (legally) you already provide proof of identity. What difference would fingerprints make? You think, maybe, they want a gun-owner registration? Guess what folks? They already have one. If you have ever bought a firearm through an FFL, that little form called a 4473 is nothing more than a record of who bought what. It has all your info on it along with the firearm info. Your background is run through the NICS database (FBI). When the FFL closes its business, all paperwork is sent to the ATF for “storage.” Do you think that they just leave it in a box to collect dust. Ok they probably do, but not before all of the forms are scanned and put in a database. Now the ATF has authorized use of the e-4473 so that an FFL can save it on a computer. Do you really think that is for the convenience of the people conducting the transaction? It makes it that much easier for the government to collect information. If you think your computers are secure from them, I don’t think you should own a gun anyway.
5. Renew every five years. Why??? Oh wait, I know! So that the government has another income stream. I can almost 100% guarantee that there will be a fee associated with any permits. The fee may start small, but as more anti-gun legislators are installed in Congress, that fee will rise to astronomical heights so that everyday Americans cannot enjoy his/her 2A rights without taking out a second mortgage to pay for it.
If a man has hate in his heart, he will find a way to accomplish his goal to do violence on others and no amount of legislation will deter that. We, as law abiding citizens, should be able to protect ourselves, family, and property by any means necessary, unimpeded by government oversight, from those who wish harm on us.
Ask yourself or anyone else this question and give an honest answer. When was the last time the government did anything to benefit the everyday American citizen? If it doesn’t benefit those in power and their acquaintances, useful legislation will not see the light of day. When will the masses wake up and realize that everything that government officials do is a detriment to our well-being. I guess that is why a gun registration is so important for them. That way, the government lackies know who to keep a close eye on when people finally take notice and realize that we have been robbed blind for a generation by the very people that are supposed to legislate on our behalf. Our rights have been chipped away a little at a time and it has happened so subtly that we have forgotten that we were given rights by God, not man. Here is a novel idea for politicians wishing to stay in power without controversy or contest; legislate on behalf of the law-abiding citizen for a change. You will win every time, and, the icing on the cake, you’ll be loved for it.